Complex Care Services
CommuniCare proudly serves patients with physical and mental disabilities at The Multi-Assistance Center (The MAC) at Morgan's Wonderland™ on San Antonio's northeast side. We accept patients ranging in age from newborns to adults under the age of 60. However, patients will never age out of the program once enrolled at The MAC.
To see a member of our Complex Care Team, a referral is necessary.
We offer the following services to eligible patients:
Adult and Pediatric Primary Care
- Sick Visits
- Basic infectious disease testing – Influenza, Strep, COVID-19
- Assessment of new problems with appropriate management and referrals for additional laboratory testing, imaging, and specialty care as needed
- Annual Well Visits
- Follow-Up Chronic Care visits (every 3-6 months)
- Routine screening evaluations based on age and underlying diagnoses
- Routine gynecological care and screening
- Contraceptive and menstrual cycle management
- Management of gynecological problems, including minimially invasive surgery or procedures when medically necessary
Behavioral & Mental Health
- Psychological Assessment
- Testing for behavioral and learning disorders
- Autism screening and diagnosis
- Individual and family counseling
Medical Complexity Disclaimer: While we welcome patients of all diagnoses and disabilities, the CommuniCare Complex Care clinic at The MAC is currently only accepting patients with low to moderate medical complexity. We are not able to serve patients with intensive medical needs such as:
- Tracheostomy/home ventilator
- Extensive home health nursing services
- Hospice or palliative care
- Patients with frequent hospitalizations or emergency department visits
Appointments: A referral is required to be seen by our Complex Care Team.
Complex Care Locations
We treat you like family
At CommuniCare Health Centers, we are committed to providing you and your family the care you need. We are committed to care and treat each one of our patients as we would a family member. We strive to make our patients feel comfortable and at home every single day. We have the friendliest doctors, nurses, and staff that are always ready to help with anything you and your family may need. We also proudly provide our services and care in Spanish, to ensure our Spanish speaking patients feel comfortable and at ease.