Telemedicine refers to the practice of caring for patients remotely when our clinicians and patients are not physically present with each other inside an exam room. Modern technology has allowed providers to consult patients by using HIPAA compliant phone calls or video-conferencing tools.
Our clinicians can resolve many health concerns in one short telemedicine visit such as colds, hypertension, diabetes, stomach pain, allergies, allergic reactions, sore throat, pink eye, UTI and bladder concerns, medication refills, and other most common conditions.
Currently, we are offering Telemedicine visits for the following services if appropriate:
How to Book a Telemedicine Appointment Online
- To book your Telemedicine appointment, please go to the orange Book Appointment button.
- Enter your legal name or the person’s legal name in which you are making the appointment for and all other contact information requested.
- Choose the “Book Telemedicine Appointment” button under Appointment Type
- If using a mobile phone, click the “Schedule an appointment” button, then choose “Book Telemedicine Appointment” button
- Choose any available location
- Choose any available provider
- Choose available day and time that works for you
- Confirm your appointment
Please note: You will receive a Virtual Visit Confirmation email from OTTO (email@example.com) with next steps and information regarding your upcoming appointment. See the below videos for instructions to join your appointment and make sure your computer or mobile phone is set up correctly to have a successful visit.
(screenshot of step 4)
Mobile – Android
Mobile – iPhone
Como Entrar a tu Consulta Virtual – Computadora
Como Entrar a tu Consulta Virtual – Android
Como Entrar a tu Consulta Virtual – iPhone
Medical Insurance Plans Accepted
- Aetna (HMO/PPO)
- Ambetter (HMO)
- Blue Cross (HMO/PPO)
- Community First (HMO)
- Humana (HMO/PPO)
- Multiplan/PHCS (PPO)
- Tricare East Region
- United Healthcare (PPO)
- Blue Cross (Medicaid/CHIP) – Hays County Patients Only
- Community First (Medicaid/CHIP)
- Dell/Seton (Medicaid/CHIP) – Hays County Patients Only
- Superior (Medicaid/CHIP)
- TMHP (Medicaid Traditional)
- Medicare NGS/Novitas (Medicare Traditional)
- Aetna (Medicare Advantage HMO)
- Allwell/Superior (Medicare Advantage HMO) – Bexar County Patients Only
- Blue Cross (Medicare Advantage HMO)
- HealthSpring/Wellmed (Medicare Advantage HMO)
- United/Wellmed (Medicare Advantage HMO)
*Out of pocket amounts for Telemedicine Services may vary by your particular plan*
Our team members will contact you directly if for any reason your appointment cannot be provided through our telemedicine services and will schedule you to come in-person to one of our convenient locations.
We treat you like family
At CommuniCare Health Centers, we are committed to providing you and your family the care you need. We are committed to care and treat each one of our patients as we would a family member. We strive to make our patients feel comfortable and at home every single day. We have the friendliest doctors, nurses, and staff that are always ready to help with anything you and your family may need. We also proudly provide our services and care in Spanish, to ensure our Spanish speaking patients feel comfortable and at ease.